Calendar Of Events
- This event has passed.
Rain Garden Design and Installation Workshop
August 26 @ 7:00 pm
Are you interested in installing a rain garden to manage rain on your property, and help reduce flood risk?
This workshop is MANDATORY for those applying to receive a subsidy from the City of Peterborough for a rain garden installation on their property.
If you attended the Rain Garden Introduction and Q&A on August 18, then this workshop will build upon what you learned at that time.
This workshop will cover the following topics:
- how to design a rain garden for your property,
- determining the size and depth of your rain garden,
- creating an inlet and outlet,
- calculating soil and mulch needs, and
- selecting plants.
This event is free and open to all residents in the Peterborough area. Please pre-register at this link – click here.
This is the second workshop in a series of workshops about how you can help conserve water resources in your yard and garden:
- August 18: Rain Garden Introduction + Q&A Session
- September 9: Lawn Care for Water Conservation
- October 7: No-Dig Gardening Workshop
The workshop will be online and live through Zoom. The workshop will be recorded.
Jenn McCallum, GreenUP Water Programs Coordinator
City of Peterborough
The City of Peterborough supports GreenUP through an annual Community Service Grant. This funding supports many of our programs and services which positively impact Peterborough residents each day....