Calendar Of Events
- This event has passed.
Rain Garden Introduction plus Question and Answer Session
August 18 @ 11:00 am - 11:45 am
Are you interested in learning more about urban flooding and how rain gardens can help? If so, then this online workshop is for you!
This workshop will cover the following:
- Urban context of rain water runoff and flooding
- What is a rain garden?
- Rain garden benefits
- Subsidy program offered through the City of Peterborough
- Getting started
This 45-minute workshop is being offered through the GreenUP Ready For Rain program in conjunction with the Water Wise program. This is the first workshop in a series of workshops about how you can help conserve water resources in your yard and garden:
- August 26: Rain Garden Design & Installation Workshop
- September 9: Lawn Care for Water Conservation
- October 7: No-Dig Gardening Workshop
You can pre-submit questions through the registration process here. There will also be an opportunity to ask questions during the live Q&A session. This online event is free and open to all residents in the Peterborough area.
This workshop will be hosted live through Zoom and it will be recorded.
Jenn McCallum, GreenUP Water Program Coordinator