Enbridge Home Energy Conservation Program
IMPORTANT PROGRAM UPDATE: Effective November 1, 2018, homeowners who heat their home with oil, propane, wood or electricity will no longer qualify for the Home Energy Conservation (HEC) Program as the Whole Home Pilot with the Government of Ontario and Save on Energy is ending. Homeowners who heat their homes with oil, propane, wood or electricity must complete their pre-audit by October 31, 2018, and have their post-audit completed within 120 days to be eligible for the Home Energy Conservation Program. Also effective November 1, 2018 any additional electrical incentives offered as part of Save on Energy’s Whole Home pilot will no longer be offered as part of the HEC program. See more information here….
2018 Homeowner Incentives up to $5000
Get money back now to improve your home for tomorrow. Making renovations and energy upgrades to your home provides significant return on your investment:
Money back in your pocket – qualify for up to $5000 back in Enbridge Gas incentives for installing energy efficiency upgrades. Plus, for a limited time, get even more back with additional electrical incentives.
Lower energy bills – save money on your annual energy bills by installing energy efficient upgrades.
Increase home comfort – upgrades make your home warmer during winter and cooler in the summer.
To participate in the Home Energy Conservation Program, you must meet the following requirements:
- Heat your home using natural gas
- Reside in an Enbridge Gas Program Delivery Area
- Own a detached or semi-detached house, mobile home, or row townhouse | If you are an Enbridge Gas customer and have a valid Enbridge account in good standing OR if you are not an Enbridge customer, you must provide a current tax bill for the property
- Complete a home pre and post audit with a Registered Energy Advisor (REA) before and after upgrades are made
- Install two or more qualifying upgrades
In just 3 steps, you can get money back and a more efficient home:
Step 1 – Contact a Registered Energy Advisor (REA) to pre-qualify you for your home pre audit.
Contact GreenUP, one of the many available REAs who will take the time to pre-qualify you over the phone before your pre audit is booked. A pre audit is an assessment of your home’s current energy use. The evaluation will reveal areas where you can make improvements or retrofits, that will enhance your home’s energy efficiency, helping you to conserve energy and save money. GreenUP has an approved REA that can conduct your pre and post audits.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- EVALUATION: You’ll get a basement-to-attic assessment of your home’s insulation, heating and cooling systems and other energy use.
- TESTING: A blower door test will be conducted to see if your home has air leakage, which can cause wasted energy, uncomfortable drafts and poor air quality.
- GET YOUR RATING: Your home will be given an energy rating using the Natural Resources Canada home evaluation – the higher the rating the better.
- RETROFITS: During your Home Energy Evaluation, you’ll get recommendations for improvements, or retrofits to help reduce your energy bills and increase home comfort.
- RECOMMENDATION: Your recommended improvements may include heating and insulation, so it’s best to book your Home Energy Evaluation before the winter heating season.
Step 2 – Successfully complete at least two qualifying upgrades
Step 3 – Complete a home post audit with the same Registered Energy Advisor.
A post audit allows you to compare your home’s new improved energy efficiency with your pre audit that was conducted prior to your upgrades or retrofits, being installed. You can receive up to $5000 for completing a minimum of 2 qualifying energy upgrades.
The post audit takes 1-2 hours and must take place within 120 days of your initial pre audit. Your REA will then submit your paperwork to Enbridge, and you’ll receive your incentive cheque by mail within 8-12 weeks.
The cost for your pre and post audits is $600+HST. Once you have successfully completed both audits, you’ll receive $550 back to cover the majority of the audit costs as part of your total incentive cheque.
Program Contact Information
Name: Kristen LaRocque
Position: GreenUP Store & Resource Centre Cooridnator
Phone: 705-745-3238 ext. 222
To qualify for the Enbridge incentives, contact GreenUP for your pre and post Home Energy Evaluation by December 31, 2018. All work must be completed with 120 days of the first, pre audit date.
To qualify for electrical incentives, participants must complete the pre audit by June 30, 2018 and accompanying post audit by October 31, 2018.
For any 2017 participants, if you were not able to complete your post energy evaluation by December 31, 2017, Enbridge will honour your enrolment into the program based on the incentive levels available at the time you complete your post energy evaluation.