Girl’s Climate Leadership
What is Girl’s Climate Leadership?
When women and girls are empowered, we support a better life for all. GreenUP’s Girl’s Climate Leadership programs offer girl-identified youth (aged 10-13) the chance to build the skills and confidence needed to become climate leaders!
Led by incredible woman-identified and non-binary leaders at the forefront of the local climate movement, this summer leadership program will include a focus on:
- Green Building, in partnership with the Endeavour Centre
- Food Security, in partnership with Nourish
- Cycling Skills, in partnership with B!KE and Active School Travel Peterborough
- Climate Adaptation, in partnership with Ecology Park
- Water Protection, in partnership with the Sacred Water Circle
NOTE: Participants must be able to ride their own bike independently. Bike and helmet required. If you need to borrow equipment, please email email@example.com
GreenUP piloted the Girl’s Climate Leadership Program in 2020 and expanded to a camp format in 2021.
Registration links for 2023 programming will be posted here when available.
Program Contact Information
Name: Karen O’Krafka
Position: Program Coordinator
Phone: 705-745-3238 ext. 207