What the Neighbourhood is saying:
Since 2017, we’ve been hearing residents’ feedback about their homes and neighbourhood, and how the neighbourhood could be a more sustainable place to live, work, and play. Priorities we’ve heard about the most in East City–Curtis Creek include:
- Water management: Conserve the amount of water used by homes and businesses; protect the local watershed, and minimize the impacts of local flooding.
- Local food security: Increase the availability of fresh, affordable, nutritious food in the neighbourhood.
- Habitat & urban forest: Remove invasive species and increase the number and diversity of trees and native plant species in the area; support habitat for pollinators and other wildlife.
- Healthy, resilient community: Increase shade cover; improve safety and walkability of the neighbourhood for pedestrians and cyclists; continue building community.
- Energy: Reduce the amount of greenhouse gases (GHGs) produced locally; improve the energy efficiency of people’s homes and businesses.
Help us continue the Neighbourhood Action Planning process by ranking the above themes in order of their importance to your vision for a more sustainable neighbourhood. There is also space to provide additional information about your neighbourhood and your ideas for change. This poll will close on December 1st 2018. The results will help guide the collaborative Neighbourhood Action Plan drafting process in 2019.